Developer Promotions Console tasks
The Amazon Developer Promotions Console helps you manage discounted pricing on your apps and in-app items (consumables and entitlements only). Create new campaigns at no cost. Access detailed reports that will show you the ROI of each campaign.
View the promotions console
From the developer console:
- Click the Apps & Services tab.
- Click the Promotions tab to display the promotions panel.
The promotions panel displays a Price Drop button and a list of your existing campaigns.
Create a campaign
To create a new campaign:
- Click the Price Drop button.
- Select Discount Apps or Discount In-App Items. The Price Drop Request dialog box opens.
- In the Define Campaign tab:
- Enter a name for the campaign.
- Select one or more apps to receive the discount.
- Select the Amazon Marketplaces where the campaign will run.
- Choose the dates that the campaign will run. Campaign duration is at least 1 day and at most 27 days.
- Choose the radio button to define the start time.
- By default, the campaign starts at the same local time in each marketplace.
- You can also start the campaign at a single global instant.
- Click Next.
- Define the discount that you want to apply to the app. Use one of these options:
- Define a percentage price drop to apply in each marketplace that you selected for this campaign.
- (Optional) Check the box to round the price to the nearest 9, such as $1.39.
- (Optional) Adjust the price in each marketplace.
- Note that each marketplace has a minimum price. Hover over Minimum Prices to view them.
- Click Next to view a summary of the campaign settings.
- Click Submit when the campaign details are as you want them.
View campaign information
To view the results of the campaign:
- Click the Promotions tab to see a list of the campaigns.
- Click View to open a detailed view of the campaign.
- Click Edit to update fields of a campaign that has not started yet.
The Promotions Console reports for specific campaigns are no longer available. You can extract the campaign sales from the regular Sales Reports.
Last updated: Dec 10, 2021