Version 1.0.5 Release Notes
Version 1.0.5 provides closed caption support, VAST 3.0 support, and comScore analytics. It was released on June 23, 2017.
- Closed Caption Support. Support for closed captions (CEA-608) is available. To enable inband CEA-608 closed captions, open Navigator.json file (in app > assets). In the
"enableCEA608": true. For more details, see "What type of captions does Fire App Builder support?" in Common Questions.
- Increased VAST 3.0 Support. In addition to playing pre-roll ads, Fire App Builder now supports playing mid-roll, and post-roll ads for the VAST 2.0 and 3.0 schema. Fire App Builder also provides support for VAST 3.0 and VMAP ad tags. Fire App Builder can resolve VMAP ad tags when the references point to VAST tags. For more details, see VAST Ads Component.
- comScore Analytics Component. comScore is now available as an analytics component. comScore provides in-depth analytics for your app, including insight into all playback events with your media and details about advertising message playback. All you need to do to enable comScore in Fire App Builder is to enable the component and configure your comScore keys. For details, see comScore Analytics Component.
- When you initiated a voice search while watching video, the search results would return the wrong titles. This has been fixed.
- Some Windows users who cloned the Fire App Builder git repo had errors related to symlinks, particularly if the users lacked admin privileges to set
core.symlinks truein their git config before cloning the repo. Scripts have been added in the documentation to correct symlinks issues with cloning. See Download Fire App Builder and Build an App. The instructions now reference a supplementary topic: Configure Symlinks for Windows Without Admin Privileges.
Tip: See Fork and Clone Fire App Builder, then Add a Remote for details on how to get the latest changes into your own repo.
Last updated: Jun 23, 2017