Prototype Your Product
Note: Sign in to the developer console to build or publish your skill.
This guide walks you through how to create an Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) product prototype.
First, you create a virtual product in the ACK console to define the Alexa capabilities that your product supports. Next, you provision an ACK module as your virtual product, run a sample application on your hardware, and control it with the Alexa app. Finally, you learn how to customize your prototype by editing both your virtual product and HMCU application.
- A Development Kit for ACK, or a printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) with an integrated ACK module.
- Complete the steps in Get Started with the Development Kit for ACK.
This guide walks you through the following steps:
- Step 1: Create a Virtual Product
- Step 2: Provision Your ACK Module as a Virtual Product
- Step 3: Generate a Barcode for Product Registration
- Step 4: Upload Code to Your Host Microcontroller
- Step 5: Register Your ACK Module with Alexa and ACK services
- Step 6: Add Functionality to Your Product
Last updated: Dec 02, 2020