Quick Reference: Add Account Linking to an Alexa Skill
Note: Sign in to the developer console to build or publish your skill.
The following resources help you implement account linking, which connects the identity or data of the user with a user account in a different system.
Concepts and procedures
- Understand Account Linking for Alexa Skills – Documentation that provides an overview of account linking for Alexa skills.
- Account Linking Concepts for Alexa Skills – A discussion of OAuth 2.0 concepts in the context of the most common account-linking implementation for Alexa skills.
- How Users Experience Account Linking for Alexa Skills – Examples of common account linking experiences from a user's perspective, and what happens behind the scenes.
- Steps to Implement Account Linking in Your Skill – A list of steps you take to implement account linking for different skill types.
- Beyond the Basics: Best Practices for Adding Account Linking to Your Alexa Skills – An additional list of best practices to help you provide your customers with a seamless account linking experience.
- 10 Tips for Successfully Adding Account Linking to Your Alexa Skill – Some best practices for creating a high-quality account linking experience for your customers.
- Create a Consistent Customer Experience with Mutual Account Linking for Your Alexa Skill – An example of how to set up an authorization server, mutual account linking, and a resource server to support the reciprocal access token exchange.
- Debugging Account Linking – An article on troubleshooting your account linking implementation.
Videos, podcasts, and webinars
- Developing Alexa Skills - Account Linking – A video that describes how to incorporate account linking into your skill.
- VOD - Alexa Account Linking – A broadcast that describes account linking and how to implement it in your skill.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Jun 06, 2023