Improve Sample Utterance Coverage with Recommendations
Use the sample utterance recommendations feature in the developer console to extend the sample utterance coverage in your custom skill's interaction model. This feature uses machine learning techniques to recommend additional utterances based on the utterances you've already provided.
You can get sample utterance recommendations for new and existing skills. The skills must be custom skills, with custom intents.
Generate sample utterance recommendations for an intent
Use the sample utterance recommendation feature to generate recommendations for additional sample utterances.
To view sample utterance recommendations for an intent
- Sign in to the Alexa developer console.
- On the Skills tab, in the SKILL NAME column, click the name of your custom skill.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click Custom > Interaction Model > Intents.
- Click an intent to open the detail page for the intent.
- In the upper-right corner of the Sample Utterances section, click Recommendations.
The Recommendations for … pop-up window lists the recommendations.
Review and use the sample utterance recommendations
After you generate the list of utterances, you can optionally add them to your skill's interaction model. You can filter the results to help you determine whether to use the recommended utterances.
To review and use the sample utterance recommendations
- Filter the utterance recommendations results by entering a keyword into the search box.
- To add sample utterances to your intent, select each one by clicking it, and then click Add. Alternatively, you can click the Select All button to accept all of the recommendations, and then click Add.
- To reject sample utterances, first select them individually by clicking each item, or select all items in the list by clicking the Select All button. Then click Reject to reject the selected items. Rejecting unwanted utterances removes them from the results list for the intent and helps improve the quality of future recommendations.
Refresh the utterance recommendations
Utterance recommendations are automatically refreshed every time you save or build your skill. To manually refresh the recommendations, click the Refresh button. The generating process can take up to five minutes. Once the utterances are refreshed, the previous set of recommendations can't be retrieved again.
- Create the Interaction Model for Your Skill
- Best Practices for Sample Utterances and Custom Slot Type Values
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Aug 07, 2021