Earn Money with an Alexa Skill
You can earn money with an Alexa custom skill by using in-skill purchasing (ISP), paid skills, and Alexa skill deals.
Use ISP to sell digital goods and services, such as hints in a trivia skill or additional lives in a game skill, and more. ISP supports three different types of products:
- A one-time purchase provides access to premium content that never expires.
- A consumable purchase provides access to premium content that a customer can purchase, depletes when used, and then purchased again
- A subscription provides access to premium content for a set period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels.
If you want to charge customers an up-front payment to access your digital skill content, you can offer your skill as a paid skill with one of the following payment models:
- A one-time purchase provides access for as long as the Alexa skill is available.
- A subscription provides access for a set period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels.
Amazon Pay for Alexa skills
The Amazon Pay Alexa payments functionality you are using through your Alexa skill will be disabled on the following dates: December 31, 2022 in the EU and the UK, January 31, 2023 in Japan, and March 31, 2023 in the US.
For more details, see Deprecated Features.
Use Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills to sell real-world goods and services, such as food, clothing, car pick up services, and more. To use Amazon Pay, register as an Amazon Pay merchant, and then link your skill to your Amazon Pay account.
To get started with Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, see Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills Overview.